We believe there is a significant need for “just in time training” for person active in ministry. Missional Christians are busy…and that is a good thing. We work hard to create short-format courses that can be directly applied to anyone’s current ministry.
Generous donors have subsidized the registration cost so more can participate. They believe it can make a real impact on the Great Commission. As a ministry ourselves, VSN staff depend on the generosity of our ministry partners to cover the cost of our time. We do pay the instructor(s), administrators and marketing team members.
Because we hold ourselves to a high standard, we are happy to offer a refund for anyone dissatisfied with the course.
Our tuition structure is as follows:
Courses with live instruction (synchronous):
- $120 Standard ($110 per person if two or more register together as a team).
- $90 Non-westerners working with a western organization that can help cover the cost ($80 per person if two or more register together).
- $60 Non-westerners not working with a western organization-limited to six per cohort ($50 per person if two or more register together).
Self-directed courses (asynchronous): The student does the reading, viewing lectures and assignments independently. If you are interested, email Jaime Chambers. *This option is only available for the Story in Ministry course.
- $40 Standard.
- $20 Non-westerners.
Primary Reasons for These Rates:
- Each live-session course with an expert instructor is limited to 23 people. Research shows that the quality of online education diminishes when cohorts grow larger than this in live training. The asynchronous courses are not affected by this limitation. For this reason–and because of the increased costs associated with live instruction–the synchronous courses are priced at a higher level.
- People are willing to pay for that which they believe is a worthwhile investment and they will invest time accordingly. Our experience with a course we offered several years ago is that when people don’t pay much, they don’t put in much effort and it degrades the quality of the course.
- We want to make courses accessible to non-westerners. We understand the costs may be difficult, but trust those who are sincerely interested in taking the course will be able to find a way.
- We want the MMU to be a sustainable and scalable endeavor. We want to cover the hard costs of each course session. We pay the instructor(s), the administrator, and the marketing person.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email Clyde Taber.