STRATEGIC STORYTELLING FOR MOVEMENts
The next course dates are to be determined.
Sign up to receive notification of future course offerings here.
Why Consider Strategic Storytelling?
“Tell someone to do something, and you change their life–for a day; tell someone a story and you change their life.” NT Wright
“If you want to change a person’s obedience, you must change their imagination.” Paul Ricoeur
Stories have power to change destinies. They invite people seeking spiritual answers to look at life and spiritual matters in disruptive ways. To become true followers of Jesus, seeking people must imagine a new identity for themselves and their community. Effective stories are the first key to using media for disciple-making strategies. They serve as a “hook” to begin a conversation and a journey with others toward a new life in Christ. Field workers and content creators must integrate the media stories they find or create with ministry strategies.
What Others Have Said
“This course gave me both the language and understanding to engage in the world of digital engagement.” -Adam D.
Strategic Storytelling for Movements is a five-week, mentored online course that will accelerate your media strategy through the power of story and focus your stories on effective strategy.
“This class was a game changer. It helped me to think at a much higher level about how media could be used strategically in what we are doing. I can’t wait to tell my colleagues about it!“(Middle East field staff)
Who is This Course For?
– Mission practitioners, especially among unreached peoples, who want to find or create media content to support their kingdom-multiplication strategies.
– Content creators who want to partner with others to make more fruitful content available to the field.
– Leaders seeking to be more effective in using story to support church planting and disciple-making movements.
What You’ll Get From This Course
- A heart for storytelling and its strategic application in disciple-making movements.
- Templates for finding existing stories or creating your own.
- Inspiration from storytelling that has impacted some of the world’s most difficult-to-reach people.
- Connections with expert instructors and like-minded peers around the world.
- A strategic storytelling plan to apply to your ministry immediately.
- Be prayed for each week by a dedicated prayer partner.
Do I Need to Be Familiar with Media to Movements?
- It would be helpful, but not necessary to be familiar with media-to-movement philosophy to derive the maximum benefit from this course.
- Media To Movements is a strategy to identify and engage spiritual seekers with the goal of creating a movement of reproducing disciples.
- If you are unable to take the Foundations of Media to Movements course, we recommend the free, one hour course available at Kingdom Training.
- Our Foundations of Media to Movements is offered in mid-February and in mid-September. A 25% discount is available for those who sign up for both courses at the same time. See below for more details.